A Note from Becky~
It seems that summer has come to an end so quickly, but when exactly is the “end of summer”? Is it when I tearfully say “Goodbye—see you next summer” to the last camper to leave the last summer art camp of this year? Is it the first day of school? Is it simply September 22nd? Or does the warmth of the sun just allow summer and fall to meld together before flowing into winter? I love summer—the sun, the heat and the bustle of the people out and about before staying indoors for the cold winter—so I like the image of summer not having a finite end but rather slowly moving into something new, wonderful and beautiful. That is what is happening here at CALC too. Our summer camp program, which hosted over400 children, just came to a close but with this comes an entire new slate of classes for children and adults along with new exhibits in CALC’s galleries. This fall we will celebrate the unique talents and resources of local artists and farmers at Art on the Farm on September 16th and we will come together again on November 18th to celebrate the arts in Carlisle at CALC’s mARTini Auction. So, even though I will be the first person in Carlisle to don a down jacket, I recognize there is so much to look forward to as we move into the next season.
We would not be able to offer any of these classes, summer camps, exhibits, events, or community programs without the support of our members, artists, donors, sponsors, volunteers and attendees. Thank you for your role in CALC, in our community and in bringing the arts to the lives of everyone in Carlisle. Please mark your calendar so you can celebrate with us this fall!
CALC Member News
The Chris Thorpe Foundation is dedicated to providing lifelong learning opportunities for those who choose to follow a path of personal achievement and civil responsibility- values that Chris shared. The foundation is happy to offer scholarships for art classes at CALC to youth and adults.
Pick up an application at CALC!
CALC Art Teacher
Are you interested in teaching children’s classes at Carlisle Arts Learning Center. CALC is always looking for talented, energetic, exible teachers with creative and fun ideas! Call Maureen Madio at 249-6973
CALC in the NEWS
- Download CALC's latest newsletter (Fall 2017)
- CALC featured in Pennsylvania Homes Magazine
- Art: Everyday Objects Inspire Artist at CALC, May 6, 2015 (Carlisle Sentinel)
- Empty Bowls, March 16, 2015 (Carlisle Sentinel) (Carlisle Sentinel).
- Third annual Art on the Farm features local artists, produce (from Carlisle Sentinel).
- Carlisle Arts Learning Center hits fundraising stride (from PennLive).
- Carlisle Arts Learning Center opens new gallery with exhibit Friday (from PennLive).
- Carlisle Arts Learning Center sets date to open in new space, kick off public capital campaign (from PennLive).
- CALC opens new location in Carlisle (from Carlisle Sentinel).