A Note from Becky~
The holiday season is so hectic and overwhelming that it can be hard to enjoy each separate part in the moment. This year was a little different for me, though. I was able to let go of the long list of everything that had to be done and was able to enjoy each moment: family visits, holiday parties, time with friends from near and far, baking with my kids, and even shopping. I savored the time with each friend and family member.
I resolve to continue this into to the new year.
Reflecting on the year, I am overcome with gratitude for your generous support of CALC, which allowed us bring art and artistic programs to even more people in our community! We could not have offered 19 exhibits free and open to the public, 136 classes for youth and adults, 18 weeks of summer camps, countless free artistic opportunities in our community, and fun and important events such as Empty Bowls, Jazz in June, Art on the Farm, and the mARTini Auction without you. Thank you!
If you are like me and resolve that in 2018 you will spend more quality time with friends and family, I hope you will share the arts with them. Come to an opening reception and exhibit, take a class or attend an event together. We have a full slate of classes and events listed here just for you—please join us!
I hope your holidays were equally enjoyable. Happy New Year!
CALC Member News
The Chris Thorpe Foundation is dedicated to providing lifelong learning opportunities for those who choose to follow a path of personal achievement and civil responsibility- values that Chris shared. The foundation is happy to offer scholarships for art classes at CALC to youth and adults.
Pick up an application at CALC!
CALC Art Teacher
Are you interested in teaching children’s classes at Carlisle Arts Learning Center. CALC is always looking for talented, energetic, exible teachers with creative and fun ideas! Call Maureen Madio at 249-6973
CALC in the NEWS
- Download CALC's latest newsletter (Winter/Spring 2018)
- "Art Starts at Square 1", January 17, 2018 (Carlisle Sentinel)
- The exhibit "8 Takes on Architecture" has been reviewed in the Carlisle Sentinel.
- The "Inherent Energy" exhibit was reviewed in the Carlisle Sentinel.
- CALC's "Text, Texture and Textiles" has been featured in the Carlisle Sentinel's Art Column.
- CALC featured in Pennsylvania Homes Magazine
- Art: Everyday Objects Inspire Artist at CALC, May 6, 2015 (Carlisle Sentinel)
- Empty Bowls, March 16, 2015 (Carlisle Sentinel) (Carlisle Sentinel).
- Third annual Art on the Farm features local artists, produce (from Carlisle Sentinel).
- Carlisle Arts Learning Center hits fundraising stride (from PennLive).
- Carlisle Arts Learning Center opens new gallery with exhibit Friday (from PennLive).
- Carlisle Arts Learning Center sets date to open in new space, kick off public capital campaign (from PennLive).
- CALC opens new location in Carlisle (from Carlisle Sentinel).