A Note from Becky, Executive Director
Whether or not you make resolutions, the start of a new year is generally both a time of reflection and focusing on what is next. With the start of 2017, I am thinking about the amazing things that happened at CALC last year—just to name a few: over 300 children attend CALC summer camps, the new Jeanne Snyder Martson Painting Studio and Classroom was dedicated, over 90 artists participated in the member’s exhibit, and it was the largest mARTini auction to date. I see a common theme: The arts are important to our community! I do make New Year’s resolutions and I resolve to continue to work to meet the needs of our community through the arts. Happy New Year!
CALC Member News
Ken and Joan Schwartzman both won awards for their works in the Hanover area arts guild exhibit this summer. Ken for his photo “Light, Shadow, Dance” and Joan for her oil painting “Fog in the Garden”.
Teri Oja won first place in Mixed Media for her thread painting “Field of Blue II” at the 50th Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show in Lititz, PA in July. Teri also won first place in Mixed Media for her booth of thread paintings at the 23rd Annual Outdoor Arts and Crafts Festival in New Hope, PA in September.
An exhibit of paintings by Arlyn Pettingell will be held at the Blue Parrot Bistro In Gettysburg, PA from December 2016 – March 2017.
Thank you to the following artists for exhibiting in early 2017 in the following CALC offsite locations: Andalusia Restaurant - Mike and Sherry Knowlton, Jean Macaluso; Castlerigg Wine Shop - Angela Sharkey; Carlisle Chamber of Commerce - Joan Schwartzman; Carlisle Borough Hall - Diane Dintaman, Sharon White. Any artist interested in off-site locations can contact Cathy Stone.
To be included in the Member News, submit your news to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Member News
Member’s Day of Art , Saturday, April 22
Mark your calendars to join CALC for a fun day just for members!
The Chris Thorpe Foundation is dedicated to providing lifelong learning opportunities for those who choose to follow a path of personal achievement and civil responsibility- values that Chris shared. The foundation is happy to offer scholarships for art classes at CALC to youth and adults.
Pick up an application at CALC!
CALC Art Teacher
Are you interested in teaching children’s classes at Carlisle Arts Learning Center. CALC is always looking for talented, energetic, exible teachers with creative and fun ideas! Call Maureen Madio at 249-6973
CALC in the NEWS
- Download CALC's latest newsletter (Winter/Spring 2017)
- CALC featured in Pennsylvania Homes Magazine
- Art: Everyday Objects Inspire Artist at CALC, May 6, 2015 (Carlisle Sentinel)
- Empty Bowls, March 16, 2015 (Carlisle Sentinel) (Carlisle Sentinel).
- Third annual Art on the Farm features local artists, produce (from Carlisle Sentinel).
- Carlisle Arts Learning Center hits fundraising stride (from PennLive).
- Carlisle Arts Learning Center opens new gallery with exhibit Friday (from PennLive).
- Carlisle Arts Learning Center sets date to open in new space, kick off public capital campaign (from PennLive).
- CALC opens new location in Carlisle (from Carlisle Sentinel).